Eating Disorder Jobs Noticeboard – member postings
See Website Listing Policy for guidelines
Staff Specialist Psychiatrist, Eating Disorders 28 hours pw up to 21/09/2019
Royal Price Alfred Hospital
Contact Person Dr Andrew McDonald
Contact Number (02) 97678683
Closing Date 17/08/2018
Purpose of Position
This twelve month temporary staff specialist position will provide consultant input to the Peter Beumont Eating Disorders Service, principally on the Peter Beumont Unit at Professor Marie Bashir Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, a 9 bed unit providing tertiary inpatient care for eating disorders patients, alongside the Director Of Eating Disorders. The Eating Disorders Service also comprises intake, day program, ambulatory and outreach services.
Selection Criteria include
- Current medical practitioner, registered, or eligible for registration, with AHPRA and Fellow of the relevant specialist medical college RANZCP and/or other specialist recognition as provided under the Staff Specialist (State) Award
- Demonstrated current clinical practice of a high standard and ability to adapt clinical practice in accordance with contemporary evidence based best practice
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement, patient safety and risk management
- Demonstrated participation in teaching and training at undergraduate and/or post graduate level, including supervision of junior medical staff
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing self-education and development, including evidence of participation in continuing medical education / continuing professional development
- Demonstrated ability to comply with the service objectives of public health org, including the provision of services to local community, effective utilisation of resources, preparedness to participate in provision of health services at Area level, if credentialed
- Preparedness to participate in any on-call service, including on-call rosters already existing or established, if requested and credentialed
- Evidence of ability to work cooperatively with other staff and practitioners and in a multidisciplinary health care team
Seeking PhD candidate: Translating evidence-based treatment for anorexia nervosa into the primary care setting – Auckland
Early detection followed by prompt intervention is well known to significantly decrease the chance of severe and enduring anorexia nervosa. Despite this, there are minimal evidence-based treatment packages available for anorexia nervosa in the primary care setting. This PhD project will use a randomised controlled trial (RCT) to assess the efficacy of a specialist treatment package for anorexia nervosa in the primary care setting.
The candidate will be based at the University of Auckland, School of Population Health, Faculty of Medical & Health Sciences. The project would suit a psychology or medical graduate with prior experience of independent research (e.g. 1st class honours dissertation, or research MSc). A UoA doctoral scholarship is available for highly qualified candidates with a NZ qualifying degree, however candidates that fall outside of this are welcome to apply. Interested candidates can email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Primary supervisor: Dr Marion Roberts, Clinical Psychologist, Senior Lecturer, University of Auckland
Secondary supervisor: Dr Virginia McIntosh, Clinical Psychologist, Senior Lecturer, University of Canterbury